Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pageant Pretties

More tasty tidbits from the March 1965 issue of Pageant, (see our last post HERE for more), and among the grim articles concerning botulism, suicide, impotence, and ex-cons, there are a handful of gorgeous glimpses into the wondrous worlds of actresses like Gina "Valley of the Gwangi" Golan, and Gina "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" Lollobrigida (yes, double the Gina action!) Plus, a cute article on Margaret "The Wicked Witch" Hamilton, and more! There's no shortage of women here at AEET, but in our next post we'll be looking at some petrifying possibilities if there actually was one, --and how art master Wally Wood would depict it! See ya in a few! :)













6 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Okay, that picture of Margaret Hamilton reading Best Witches is the greatest thing I've seen all day.

Crafty C said...

That pic of Margaret Hamilton is incredibly cute!!! You need to give that the 600% treatment! Pretty please :)

All the women in here are fab. I've never heard of that first Gina. Too bad she wasn't in more movies.

Brian Barnes said...

People constantly talk about how, when first viewing the Wizard of Oz, the witch scared them. Even when I was little, I was fascinated with the Wicked Witch.

Was she conventionally beautiful? Not with that prosthetic nose! But she was powerful, confident, and in charge, while Dorthy was whiny and constantly needed her hand held.

I still hold a torch for Wicked Witch today. Evil, sure, and while I'm not, I'd have a hard time picking Dorothy's side in Oz!

Mr. Karswell said...

Boy, I thought we had some Valley of the Gwangi fans around here!

Mr. Cavin said...

Well if I hadn't been a fan already I would be after this post! But seriously, it's really no wonder "nobody knows her name" when people keep calling her Gina.

Unknown said...

Margaret Hamilton was a wonderful character actress, terribly underrated.