Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 1969 - 1970

I'm sure there are more adorable pix of me, Mr. Karswell, on Easter throughout the years of my life, but none so heartwarming and eggcellent as these from the first 6 years of my life. Not only will you see how fashionable I was at this phase, but also my early and masterful techniques at egg hunting, egg coloring, and making a mess with the faux plastic basket grass. Also SEE! --how awesome my Easter presents were (RIP vinyl blow-up Easter rabbit!) I've scanned and grouped them in some sort of order by year, sort of, the one where I'm poking my head through the red and pink rabbit board was taken at the STL Zoo and probably not actually on Easter, but still seemed appropriate to post today--- enjoy, and have a great holiday weekend!





7 comments:

Crafty C said...

cute!!!!! you do have the big bunny!!! sooo freaking great! i'll have to see if my sister has any pics with ours.

i was actually shocked when i found those pics of me and the blow-up Donald Duck - i didn't remember it at all. he must not have lasted very long.

yay!! i'm so glad you posted these!

Mr. Karswell said...

I had a big stuffed rabbit too (not pictured) that was taller than me... he was like Bugs Bunny in that he was more human-esque and stood on two legs but he was real floppy and had a sort of country bumpkin appearance. I remember I was like 5 or 6 and everytime the Beverly Hillbillies would come on I had to get him and we would dance to the theme song together-- which was actually just me running around in circles and throwing him in the air. After the metal bendy wires inside of him started poking out of his fur my mom threw him away. Then when the Bev HillBs came on I simply acted like I was a downhill skier racing for my life to that mad banjo blitzkrieg.

Crafty C said...

that is seriously one of the cutest stories i've ever heard in my life :)

Mr. Karswell said...

Haha, oh I had a million routines set to tv theme songs... like when Star Trek would come on I had to run as fast as I could past the tv when that WHOOSH part of the Enterprise flying by would happen. When Night Gallery would come on I had to act like a mummy, or Frankenstein's monster, it didn't matter, I had to act stiff and walk around with my arms straight out.

I suppose I inherited this obnoxiousness from my mom, she always talked about how when she was little she had to dance around the living room and act like a skeleton when Hitchcock Presents would come on.

Crafty C said...

man - i love that!

Mr. Karswell said...

pure gold memories.

Mr. Cavin said...

Hah! These are great--and yet one more set for the lamentable Easter suit folder. I totally love that last one. Everybody looks awesome!